- Suite 2100, Scotia Plaza 40 King Street West Toronto, ON M5H 3C2 Canada
- 416 869 5369
Law School: LL.B., Queen’s University, 1998
School: B.Sc. (Hons.), University of Western Ontario, 1993
State/Provincial Admissions: Ontario (2000); New York (2000)
Peter Bouzalas is a partner in Cassels Brock’s Business Law Group and practises in the area of corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations involving public and private companies. He also assists business clients with respect to the incorporation/formation, organization and financing of their companies, the drafting of shareholder, partnership and joint venture agreements as well as the drafting of a range of commercial agreements including manufacturing, supply and vendor/distribution agreements.
Peter provides advice to clients in various industries including banking, credit card, entertainment, gaming, mutual fund, manufacturing, software and waste management/recycling. He also frequently advises US based companies and private equity funds venturing into Canada.
A few examples of Peter’s work in the above-noted areas include representing:
- Burger King Corporation regarding the sale of Burger King Restaurants of Canada Inc., including 94 restaurant locations, to Redberry Investments Corp.
- The shareholders of Furfari Paving Co. Ltd. in respect of their share sale to Colas Canada Inc.
- The shareholders of Turtle Island Recycling Corp. regarding their share sale to Green For Life (GFL) Environmental Corp.
- Worldlynx Wireless LP in its acquisition/consolidation of ten Bell Mobility independent wireless dealers across Canada, giving Worldlynx Wireless a platform of more than 60 retail and sales locations across the country. This transaction was named the Canadian DEALMAKERS Mid-market deal of the year for 2009.
- Ojon Corporation in respect of its acquisition by The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- The shareholders of Torch Mobile Inc. in respect of their share sale to Research in Motion (Blackberry).
- The principal shareholders of MBEC Communications Inc. (the Canadian rightsholder of Mail Box Etc. and UPS Store) in respect of their sale to a private company purchaser.
- Spar Marathon Roofing in respect of its acquisition of The Roof Shop business.
- Private company purchaser of numerous casino related ventures.