- 199 Bay Street, Suite 2200 Commerce Court West, Toronto Ontario M5L 1G4, Canada
Law School: Osgoode Hall Law School, 2006
School: University of Saskatchewan, B.A. 2003
State/Provincial Admissions: Ontario 2007, New York 2012
Anderson v Hunking, 2010 ONSC 4008 (Ont. S.C.). Successfully defended a motion seeking to appoint a receiver over a corporate defendant.
Anderson v Hunking, 2011 ONSC 1327 (Ont. S.C.). Successfully moved to have a Certificate of Pending Litigation “lifted” to allow re-financing of a corporate client and to have a duplicative Certificate of Pending Litigation removed from title.
Straus v Decaire, 2011 ONSC 1157 (Ont. S.C.). Defended institutional client against allegations of failure to supervise “rogue” financial advisor.
Settle v Punnett, Unreported. Successfully prosecuted action for professional negligence for failure to evict tenants and pursue collection of amounts owed.
Successfully defended injunction to force the sale of a purebred Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy.
Successfully defended injunction to prohibit use of alleged trademarked name.
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Canadian American Bar Association
- Gwendolyn has acted on a wide variety of commercial and business disputes including contractual, shareholder and property disputes.
- In addition to prosecuting claims relating to violations of the Ontario Securities Act, Gwendolyn has defended clients against allegations of fraud and misrepresentation relating to the investment industry. Gwendolyn acts to defend clients against claims of professional malpractice.
- During her practice, Gwendolyn has appeared before the Ontario Superior Court, including Commercial List, Small Claims Court and various administrative boards and tribunals.