Listed in Securities and Corporate Finance
- One Financial Center Boston, MA 02111 United States
Law School: University of Toronto Faculty of Law – J.D., 2005
School: McGill University – B.A., with distinction, 2000
State/Provincial Admissions: Ontario (2006); Massachusetts (2006); New York (2007)
Michael Cohen represents early stage and mid-market companies in connection with corporate / commercial matters and venture financing transactions, and advises venture capital and private equity funds and would-be portfolio companies in connection with deal terms and transaction structuring. Michael also works closely with Brown Rudnick’s bankruptcy group to provide corporate governance advice to companies emerging from Chapter 11.
Michael’s practice includes:
- Business Organizations and Founders’ Agreements: Michael has advised dozens of founder teams on issues including choice of entity, equity compensation and agreements among founders related to such issues as transfer of ownership, decision making and founder departure arrangements.
- Equity and Convertible Debt Financing Transactions: Michael advises funds and target companies in connection with financing transaction deal terms and stockholder agreements.
- Corporate Governance and Securities Law Compliance: Michael routinely advises his clients on compliance with Delaware and Massachusetts corporate law, and federal and state securities laws related to financing activities and equity compensation arrangements.
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Domestic and Cross-Border: Michael has acted for buyers and sellers in sales, purchases and business combination transactions involving the transfer of assets and stock.