- 700 South Federal Hwy Suite 200 Boca Raton, FL 33432
Law School: McGill University, Faculty of Law (LL.B., 1984)
School: University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., 1992)
School: McGill University (B. Comm. (Finance), 1981)
State/Provincial Admissions: Ontario (1986); New York (1985); Florida (1992)
Languages: Some French
Steven Z. Garellek is one of 34 attorneys Board Certified in International Law with the Florida Bar and concentrates his practice in transactional, tax, estate planning and immigration matters for business and professional clients and their principals.
– Counsel to international real estate partnerships purchasing and selling $500 million of apartments in the United States
– International income and estate tax planning for foreign businesses and individuals investing in the United States
– Immigration planning and compliance for businessmen and professionals relocating to the United States
– Counsel for U.S. transfer tax and trust planning for high net worth families with nonresident children or parents.
– Represented The Stronach Group on its 2012 purchase of Forest City Commercial Group’s interest in The Village at Gulfstream Park.
Professional & Community Involvement
– Member of the International Law Section of the Florida Bar
– Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation
– Member of American Immigration Lawyers Association
– Founding Board Member of National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
– Member of Regional Board of Anti-Defamation League
– Board Member of Friends of Meir Hospital
Articles & Presentations
– Speaker at numerous seminars for cross border estate planning
– Speaker, International Business Transaction Conference, Florida Bar, “Bar – Issues and Tax Developments Under the Hire Act,” (May 2010)
– Berger Singerman P.A.
– Adorno & Yoss LLP, Boca Raton, Florida
– Goodman and Carr, Toronto, Canada