- 51 West 52nd Street New York, NY 10019-6119
- (212) 415-9346
Law School: Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Canada (J.D., 1995)
School: Wilfrid Laurier University (B.B.A., Finance, 1992)
State/Provincial Admissions: New York, Ontario
Stuart has also developed expertise in the representation of sports-related entities particularly in domestic and international soccer, including CONCACAF, the governing body of soccer in North America, Central America and the Caribbean, the new North American Soccer League, and the New York Cosmos organization.
- MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company. Mr. Goldfarb represented MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company, a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Inc. group, in its US$9.4 billion acquisition of PacifiCorp from Scottish Power plc, its US$1.4 billion acquisition of Northern Natural Gas Company from Dynegy, Inc. and its US$1.0 billion acquisition of Kern River Gas Transmission Company from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Fidelity National Special Opportunities, Inc. Mr. Goldfarb represented Fidelity National Special Opportunities, Inc. and certain co-investors in their US$100 million stalking horse bid for substantially all of the assets of VICORP Restaurants, Inc. pursuant to Section 363 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.
- West Corporation. Mr. Goldfarb represented West Corporation in its US$400 million acquisition of ITC Holding Company, Inc. and its US$90 million acquisition of Attention, LLC.
- Titanium Asset Management Corporation. Mr. Goldfarb represented Titanium Asset Management Corporation, a special purpose acquisition company, in its US$60 million acquisition of National Investment Services, Inc.
Private Equity/Venture Capital Transactions
- Blue Ridge Capital, L.L.C. and Equity International. Mr. Goldfarb represented Blue Ridge Capital L.L.C. and Equity International in their US$25 million co-investment in Xinyuan Real Estate, Ltd. and in connection with Xinyuan’s subsequent restructuring and US$100 million secured debt financing.
- Warburg Pincus LLC. Mr. Goldfarb represented Warburg Pincus LLC in connection with its US$100 million acquisition of InfoGenesis.
- Insight Venture Partners. Mr. Goldfarb represented Insight Venture Partners in connection with its preferred stock investment in Aelita Software Corporation and thereafter represented Aelita in connection with its sale to Quest Software, Inc.