Listed in Intellectual Property
- 1881 Page Mill Road Palo Alto, CA 94304-1211 USA
- 1 650.849.5343
Law School: University of Toronto (J.D., 2008)
School: University of Waterloo (Bachelor of Applied Science, 2005)
State/Provincial Admissions: California, New York
Wayne R. Chang is an associate attorney in the Palo Alto office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, where he is a member of the Firm’s Strategic Sourcing and Technology Transactions Group, Intellectual Property and the Information Technology and Data Privacy Group.
Mr. Chang’s clients range from Fortune 50 multinationals to venture-backed startups. His practice specializes on Internet, mobile software, cloud computing, digital media, hardware, semiconductor, clean technology and telecommunications industries. He works closely with clients’ business units and in-house counsel to structure complex arrangements to commercialize and license technologies.
Mr. Chang’s practice includes advising clients on:
- Hardware and technology licensing, development and manufacturing agreements
- In-bound and out-bound software licensing and development agreements
- Large scale information technology and business process outsourcing arrangements
- Cloud computing services engagements, including compliance with and developments in cloud computing standards, telecommunications laws and regulations information privacy and data security requirements
- Compliance with federal, state and international data security and information privacy requirements, in particular, California online privacy and security, FTC guidelines, and EU privacy and safe harbor developments
- Intellectual property, information technology, data security and information privacy aspects of asset purchase, stock purchase and merger agreements
- Telecommunications services and IT services engagements
Prior to joining Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Mr. Chang was an associate attorney at several prominent international law firms practicing technology transactions, IP transactional matters, patent litigation and patent prosecution with a focus towards software, Internet, mobile device, telecommunications, social networking, new and emerging media, financial services technologies and digital image processing.
Mr. Chang is admitted to practice in California and New York. He is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) under the International Association of Privacy Professionals. He received his J.D. degree from the University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, and he also holds a Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering (With Distinction) from the University of Waterloo. While studying at Waterloo, he held several cooperative internships as an electrical engineer, including internships at IBM Canada, several major Canadian telecommunications companies, and HSBC.